Sunday, April 16, 2006

This is the end

This is my final blog entry. I would love to keep it up, but given that I have no audience, and that I'll be in summer classes and on co-op, I doubt I'll have time to really keep up with it. I'd rather not do it than do a half-assed job.

That being said, this was a new experience for me. After I got used to blogging, I actually enjoyed it. There were days when I looked forward to signing onto blogger.com and writing about the day's events. I'm a huge Sox fan, so obviously I chose to blog about something I was passionate about, which helped a lot. I definitely learned to keep my eye out for Sox news, so I could have something new and interesting to write about it.

If I could do it differently, I probably would. I would have done more from the start. There were a couple of weeks in February that really kept me from concentrating not just on the blog, but on schoolwork in general. I felt bad for having neglected the blog that long. If I had to do it over again, I would have taken more responsibility for updating, as I should have. No one wants to read a blog that only gets updated every 2 weeks. Also, I would have tried to promote it. Maybe then I would have had an audience (the few comments all came from classmates).

I really liked going through other people's blogs to see what they were writing about. I think blogs are an exceptional way to read about a whole bunch of different things without taking too much time. In today's culture, where everyone is always in a hurry, blogs are good - they give you what you want in a nice, convenient package, and readers don't have to sort through any info - it's already there for them.

My time blogging has taught me that this really is the future...with less and less people reading the papers and more turning to the internet, blogs seem like a great way to diseminate information. Plus you can do a lot of cool things with them as far as graphics, etc. They're more personal, too, which is what I like about them.

I enjoyed keeping up with my blog. When I went to a Sox game, the first thing I did when I came home was share my experience with whoever it is that actually reads this thing. I feel more connected now to Red Sox Nation than I ever did. I'll miss it.

19 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Jere said...

NO!! Come on, you're down 3 games to none against the yanks. What are you gonna do, give up? I have you linked at my blog and now that the season started, I'm getting more hits than ever. You're bound to get some hits from there even if it's just someone accidentally clicking on your blog's name as they drift off to sleep reading mine:)

Well, even if you stop, thanks for what you did.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Don't give up, Erica.

You're a more informative read than anything "Boston Dirt Whores" puts out.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jere said...

It's been almost a month now in YawkeyNewsless America, but I still cry every night. One day TYN will rise again!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Please Come Back, Erica. You're read & loved by us.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Erica?

The Nation can't get tix @ Fenway.

They're day tripping to Shea Stadium to see the Mets in Queens.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Maybe, I'll see you @ Red Sox Home In Exile in Queens.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Jere said...

EricaT, seriously, come back.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Erica?

Please Do Return!

Thanks!

Randomfandomredsoxnyc

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

EricaT, I've been reading your blog, and I'm disappointed that you're not coming back. Is this really true?

blogging is not all about the hits, and it sure shouldn't make you feel obligated... really it's about having a space to write and share your passions. If you've ever been to my blog, you can plainly see that sometimes I can't update for a week or more... and yeah, when that happens I feel guilty about it. But life has to come first, of course. what I'm trying to say is that if you enjoyed it, and you miss it- then you should come back to it, and don't worry about not being able to update all the time. think about it.

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Memories of Yawkey News, Volume 1:

It was summer, no, spring, 2005. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining, and I'd just received my bachelor's degree in arachnaphobiology. Sitting in my villa, leg still in cast from my snowmobiling accident, I surfed the web, bittersweetly, wanting to run and play in the October, no, March air air, but not being able to move. As the villa flew south (it was actually a villa-plane), Alice yelped from the cockpit, in her usual excited soprano, "It has been found!" I ignored her, and kept surfing. And there was a girl standing next to Mr. T. Or so I thought. It was actually David Ortiz. I wonder if the "T" in EricaT threw me off. I've spent sleepless nights wondering who the other person in the photo is. Cut off, but hair visible at bottom left. What was her fate? Did she have a blog? The world may never know.

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Jere said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Kim said...

I'll throw your link up on my blog sister. We'll getcha some traffic.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Many of us here are Red Sox Nation-NY Metro & We ask you to join in this great mix.

Keep up this great little blog.

Thanks!

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Jere said...

MoYN, Volume 2:

Ah, springtime in the Alps. It was then and there that I spotted Michael Leggett, prancing on a mountainside. I approached slowly, as not to startle him. I realized he was herding goats. Upon the sight of a fellow New Yorker, Michael leapt high in the sky, floated for a second, and peacefully fell back to earth. The goats were unafraid.

I implored him, we musn't let Yawkey News die. Do what you can, good man! Do anything and everything!

He followed suit, using one of the goats' laptop.

Then we hanglided into the village, and feasted on crepes and cheese as the sun fell.

Also, he talked about Shea Stadium.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Was it The Swiss Alps? The French Alps? The Italian Alps?

Or The Jewish Alps, upstate?

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Ejected from yankee Stadium?

I could think of better places to be ejected from.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Swiss Alps, Michael. You were there.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Jere said...

MoYN, Vol III (In 3-D):

Then there was that stretch in May--days, only, but a lifetime in Yawkey News years--when I just didn't go. Farming is a non-stop occupation. And with Bessie laid up, the tractor on the fritz, and three new mouths to feed (the good Lord has blessed Caroline and I with triplets), blog-commenting was out of sight, and nearly out of mind.

But things are back up and running on the ole' frutstop, as we flurbert and gratsup our way to the promised land.

The hope of a new tomorrow does not one family make. But when the wind dies, she who picks daisies, flourishes.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Wow, I had no idea people were reading my blog! I actually did it for a class, but since people seemed to enjoy it (from what I can see), maybe I will continue...here's to a renewed effort, on my part, to keep up with the Sox ;)

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home