Monday, May 22, 2006

It's good to be back

So my first order of business in starting up this blog again is to bitch about the State of the Nation. I understand the tickets are hard to get (make that next to impossible). But seriously, I have issues with Sox fans screwing Sox fans over.

Here's the story: My boyfriend and I were going to try to make it down to Philly this past weekend to catch some interleague play (and, wouldn't you know it, we missed Josh Beckett's offensive explosion!). Our plan didn't work, so I figured the next best thing would be to try to see some National League teams when they visited Fenway. I did what any reasonable person would do: I turned to Craigslist.

I ended up paying $60 apiece for seats in the upper bleachers. $60 - the face value is $23. This is how desperate I was. I haven't been to a game since that weekend series against Seattle. I'm in withdrawal here. When I met up the girl, I thought I might negotiate with her, maybe give her $80 for both seats. You know what she tells me? "I have 2 other people who are willing to pay $120 for them." What the hell? They're bleacher seats, for god's sake. You can't even see the entire field.

And this, my friends, is how Sox fans screw over other Sox fans.

On the other hand, I will be sitting in the bleachers on June 19th when the Sox take on the Washington Nationals. Should be interesting.

5 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

2 Weeks Ago, I ordered the September 2nd Red Sox-Toronto Game @ Fenway Park;

You're right, Erica; It's extremely hard to get tickets;

A father & 2 Sons in Full Red Sox Gear(Papelbon & Ramirez were worn by the sons) were watching Mets-Braves @ Shea Stadium. Upper level Reserved Seats were $16 per seat. They Amtracked it back to Boston.

With a Sold-Out Fenway, Shea Stadium & The Mets are becoming an option.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jere said...

Welcome back!

You can try the online ticket agencies, but they're expensive, too. That's probably what the craigslist people base their prices on. I find that the best way to get Sox tix is to pay attention to redsox.com starting around November, and be there for the online onsale days.

I was in Philly this weekend and was trying to sell my 2 extra 16 dollar tix for Saturday to other Sox fans for face value!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

It's Often Your own, who hurt you the most.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I can vouch for Jere (I'm his girlfriend). I'm pretty sure the dude got more than what he gave up for them.

Glad you're back in the blogging biz, by the way :)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Good to be back :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home