Thursday, August 03, 2006

I can't watch...

Down 7-5 going into the 8th after being up 3-1, then giving up two runs before Beckett gave up the grand slam to Shin Soo Choo or whatever the hell his name is. And he was doing pretty well up until that point. Why is it that our pitching falls apart starting around the 5th inning?

Anyway, normally I'd change the channel and watch something else for a little while, but the finale of the World Series of Pop Culture isn't on for another half hour. And I have to pick up my parents at the airport at midnight (hope nothing collapses on my car!). Bleh. I'm praying to the baseball gods for another walk-off win (although I'm hoping it doesn't have to come to that) so that we don't fall a full game behind the GD Yankees.

2 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

"The Time, The Team, The Red Sox":

It's time to get Nipper "Outta Here";

(My Thanks to The NY Mets for a borrowing of their '06 Slogan, above);

"Outta Here", thanks to Mets TV Play By Play Man, Gary Cohen, often heard on Westwood One.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Actually, it's "The Team, The Time, The Red Sox", once again, borrowing the Mets '06 Slogan:

It's time for Wells to RETIRE;

It's still time to get Nipper "Outta Here."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home