Thursday, August 10, 2006

You know, it's funny. After Beckett lost it in the 4th (or was it 5th?), I thought, here we go again, blowing another 4-run lead. Then, the Sox clung to that one-run lead, and I thought, hey, maybe the bullpen can actually get it done this time. Timlin got himself out a jam, so that was good to see. The rest, as they say, is history.

I actually didn't see the meltdown in the ninth. My boyfriend drove over after work (he gets off at 11), and I went outside to see him for a little bit since I hadn't seen him all week. So I went back inside feeling much better, because he always makes me feel better. And then I hear TC say, "and in a stunning turn of events, the Red Sox lose this one to the Kansas City Royals." At this point, I was like, "you've got to be kidding...we just dropped two in a row (four including the D-Rays) to the worst team in baseball. FUCK!"

So basically, Red Sox Nation is officially in Panic Mode right now (as is, apparently, the rest of the nation).

I will NOT be watching tonight's game. Not because I don't want to. But because...I don't want to.

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I will watch it, tonight:

I may puke, but I'll watch it.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

I watched:

I drank Harpoon IPA;

I PUKED!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Michael Leggett said...

Maybe you should check the Mets Shea Stadium Schedule & come on down to Queens:

A Good # of people from the Boston & Providence Areas are doing it;

It may take your mind off this hideous crap;

Mets Fans often look at Fenway as a way of blowing off steam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home